St. Mary’s Food Bank Alliance would like to thank Goettl Air Conditioning for its generous donation of 400 turkeys to St. Mary’s Annual Super Saturday Turkey drive. It was quite a site at Tempe Marketplace when a caravan of Goettl trucks rolled up to our Harkins theatre drop-off location and an army of Goettl employees were on hand to unload the birds into the St. Mary’s bins.
The Food Bank distributed more than 16,000 turkeys to Arizona’s hungry in the week leading up to Thanksgiving, 7,000 of them during our huge one-day distribution at the Arizona State Fair. It was only due to the generosity of Arizona – and companies like Goettl, that we were able to feed more than 100,000 people through the holiday food boxes.
Thank you Goettl!
Help Food Bank Reach Goal of 6,000 Donated Turkeys for Holiday Boxes; Enter For a Chance To Win One of 16 $250 US Airways Flight Vouchers
It’s almost Turkey Time – and that means it’s almost “Super Saturday” time as well.
St. Mary’s Food Bank Alliance will hold its fifth annual “Super Saturday” Turkey Drive on Saturday, Nov. 19 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. For the first time, the drive will expand to 16 locations around the Valley and in Flagstaff in hopes of meeting what is anticipated to be an unprecedented need for the 2011 Holiday season.
The Food Bank is anticipating requests for a record number of holiday food boxes. But hopes remain that each will contain turkey and other assorted holiday dinner items – to allow families around the Valley and state the chance to enjoy the comforting tradition of a holiday meal. Last year, through the generous donations of businesses and private citizens wanting to help, St. Mary’s estimates their pre-Thanksgiving food distribution provided meals for as many as 50,000 people.
In addition to turkeys, all other non-perishable food items as well as monetary donations will be gladly accepted. And at each of the 16 locations, all donors are invited to register for a chance to win a $250 US Airways travel voucher.
Look for the giant inflatable turkey and smiling volunteers ready for your visit at the following “Super Saturday” locations around the Valley and in Flagstaff:
- St. Mary’s Food Bank Stardust Main Campus (2831 N. 31st Ave. in Phoenix)
- St. Mary’s Westside Facility (13050 W. Elm Street in Surprise)
- Albertsons Desert Ridge (21001 N. Tatum Blvd.)
- Albertsons Glendale (20255 N. 59th Ave.)
- Albertsons Peoria (8240 W. Deer Valley Road)
- Albertsons Surprise (16750 W. Bell Road)
- Albertsons Scottsdale (2785 N. Scottsdale Road)
- Albertsons Via Linda (11475 E. Via Linda)
- Albertsons Flagstaff (1416 E. Route 66)
- Harkins Christown 14 (1620 W. Montebello)
- Harkins Scottsdale 101 14 (7000 E. Mayo Blvd.)
- Harkins Arrowhead Fountains 18 (16046 N. Arrowhead Fountains Center)
- Harkins Gateway Pavilions 18 (10250 W. McDowell Road)
- Harkins Tempe Marketplace 16 (2000 E. Rio Salado Drive)
- Harkins Scottsdale Shea 14 (7354 E. Shea Blvd.)
- Harkins Flagstaff 11 (1959 Woodlands Village Blvd.)