Tis the season for jack-o-lanterns, haunted houses, costumes, and all things spooky. Help scare away hunger this October while enjoying the fun of Halloween.
- Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak is transforming into a scene of jack-o-lanterns, ghouls, goblins and ghosts, Halloween treats, and family fun for the 17th Annual Pumpkins at the Peak event on Friday, Oct. 24 from 5 to 7 p.m. To gain entry, attendees are asked to bring two cans of food or $5 per person to benefit St. Mary’s Food Bank.
- Bring the kids to the annual Halloween Monster Bash on Saturday, Oct. 25. Note there is a NEW location this year, at Centennial Plaza near the Peoria Public Library from 5 to 9 p.m. Enjoy a Parade of Costumes Contest, Trick or Treating, Inflatable Activities, Carnival Games, Make-n-Take Crafts, Puppet Shows, Fright Zone and more! Admission is free with a canned food to help St. Mary’s. For more info visit http://1.usa.gov/GBksBZ
- On Saturday, Oct. 25, Downtown Phoenix will be overrun by the living dead and other creatures of the night during Zombie Walk 6, one of the largest zombie walks in the United States. Join a zombie horde of over 10,000 at Heritage and Science Park for an all-day festival at 2 p.m. and the mass shuffle at 5:30 p.m. throughout the streets of downtown. Don’t know how to become a zombie? No problem! There will be makeup artists on hand to make you beautiful. The first 400 makeovers are free with a non-perishable food item or a cash donation to benefit St. Mary’s Food Bank. https://www.facebook.com/DowntownPhoenixZombieWalk
- Catch some air at AZ Air Time’s Halloween Party on Oct. 25, 4-8 p.m. Get $2 off admission with a canned food donation for St. Mary’s! Enjoy free face painting, a costume contest and games for all ages! Check out the poster here.
- Looking for a fun and safe Halloween event? Donate a few cans of food for St. Mary’s Food Bank Alliance in exchange for a night of spooktacular fun at the 3rd Annual Treat Street event at Adora Trails on Wednesday Oct. 29, 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. More info here: http://bit.ly/1cyZLBN
- Trick-or-Donate: Turn your trick-or-treating into an opportunity to give back. Ask your neighbors to donate non-perishable food items or funds for the food bank. Cans can get heavy though so bring a wagon or extra man/woman-power! Call 602-343-3173 to register your trick-or-donating.
- It’s time to get your scare on! Bring canned food to either the 13th Floor Haunted House or Fear Farm. Check out http://13thflooraz.com/ or http://www.fearfarm.com for more information and look for our food drive boxes!