St. Mary’s Food Bank Alliance is pleased to announce the Capacity Building Grant which is a competitive grant process that awards funding and/or equipment to partner agencies allowing for the expansion of programming and services in an effort to increase the distribution of food into areas of high food insecurity.
A detailed explanation is required on how any awarded funding and/or equipment will be used to expand capacity and the distribution of food by a minimum of 10% in order to be considered for this grant opportunity. The minimum 10% metric can be pounds of food or households served.
The Capacity Building Grant provides an opportunity for partner agencies to request funding for operational costs and/or to obtain capital assets (e.g. shelving, pallet jacks, walk-in coolers or freezers, refrigerated vehicle, expanded physical space, etc.). What does your agency need to better serve your community and decrease the food insecurity rate? It may not be one single item, but rather a combination of items. Dream big.
- Partner Agency must be active and in good standing by demonstrating full compliance in all St. Mary’s policies and procedures, monthly reporting, food safety, and Civil Rights.
DEADLINE: Feb 28th, 2018. Please send materials all at once. Completed application materials must reach St. Mary’s Food Bank by 5:00 p.m. on Wednesday, Feb 28th 2018. An email confirmation will be provided upon receipt of application. Late applications will not be considered.
Evaluation Criteria: Grant applications will be evaluated based on:
- Strength of capacity building proposal as detailed in the application.
- Geographic location (i.e. partner is located in an area of high food insecurity with little or no other available food resources).
Expectations: If awarded the grant, partner agencies must adhere to the following:
- Partner Agency will agree to, and comply with, the Grant Agreement.
- Partner Agency will agree to submit quarterly reporting during the grant award period that documents the effectiveness and expansion of programs and services related to the awarded grant funds and/or equipment.