WE CARE WEDNESDAYS: October 12th, 19th & 26th
FREE admission to the Arizona State Fair until 6pm with charitable donation of four non-perishable food items per person to benefit St. Mary’s Food Bank, through ABC15’s Operation Santa Claus in Partnership with Sanderson Ford and Sanderson Lincoln.
We’d like to give a sincere thank you to our friends at Castles N Coasters who hosted a food drive for St. Mary’s this past Saturday, September 25th.. Castles N Coasters gave FREE admission to anyone who came and donated 10 cans of food to St. Mary’s. It was a HUGE success!
- More than 4,000 people donated food
- We filled 2 ½ short tractor trailers
- A total of 38,833 pounds of food was collected!
That makes this food drive the largest one day corporate collection event in the past 10 years. Wow! This is the second year in a row Castles N Coasters has offered this special on a day during Hunger Action Month to support St. Mary’s. Last year, around 14,000 pounds were collected – we more than doubled that this year thanks to all of the generous donors that came through.
Thanks again to all involved. More than 38,000 meals will be provided to hungry families across the state because of this food drive!
St. Mary’s Food Bank Alliance would like to thank the accounting and financial agencies that took part in our 18th Annual Hill of Beans food drive competition. ‘Bean counting’ companies from around the valley collected food and funds during the month of August in an effort alleviate hunger in Arizona….AND to be named the Chief Bean Counter. Each pound of food counted as one bean, and each dollar counted as seven beans. The total amount of beans collected was 49,599! We’ve tallied the individual results and we have a winner!
Our Chief Bean Counters this year is REDW with 25,025 beans! We can’t thank them enough!
Also participating this year:
Thank you to everyone for participating! We couldn’t do what we do without the generous support of our donors!
Have you ever been hungry? Not because you’re on a diet or you didn’t have time to eat, but because you don’t have enough money to buy food? Unfortunately, that’s what it’s like for many Arizona wounded Veterans and their families. Arizona Heroes to Hometowns knows you’d like to help. Bring your non-perishable food items and donations to the 5 Ton Food Drive on Friday, July 31st at 4 valley Fry’s Food Stores.
This year a special 5 Ton Food/Donation Drive is to be held at 4 Fry’s Food Stores throughout the Phoenix area to help local Food Banks. Non-perishable food and monetary donations for the 5 Ton Food/Donation program will be accepted to complete food boxes from local food banks. Friday July 31st, 2015 is your chance to help restock local food banks and/or donate to the Turkeys to Troops program through AZ Heroes to Hometowns.
AZ Heroes to Hometowns will be at the following Fry’s locations from 8:00 am to 12:00 pm on Friday July 31st stop by one of the following 4 Fry’s Food Store locations and help us fill the trucks!
- 18420 N. 19th Ave., Phoenix (19th Ave and Union Hills)
- 155 W. Combs Rd., Queen Creek (Gantzel and Combs)
- 4815 E. Carefree Hwy, Cave Creek (48th Street and Carefree Hwy)
- 5941 E. McKellips Rd., Mesa (McKellips and Recker Rd)
If you cannot stop by one of these locations and still want to help, please make a donation at the AZ Heroes to Hometowns website. You can request a box for your office or business prior to the event for donations.
In partnership with AZ Heroes to Hometowns, you can thank our military service members and their families, by letting them know that Arizonan cares. Please consider helping those men, women, and their families that have done their part to fight for our freedom.
Thank you in advance for your assistance and support of our troops.
Kathy Pearce Kathy Pearce, Founder/CEO AZ Heroes to Hometowns
The Boys Scout’s are putting their promises to “give goodwill” & “to help other people at all times” into action during their annual Scouting for Food drive. Scouting for Food is scheduled for January 31, 2015, when Scouts throughout the Grand Canyon Council help make a difference to fight hunger. In partnership with local food banks this council-wide service project begins Saturday, January 24th as Scouts distribute door hangers in their neighborhoods to announce the upcoming food drive. Scouts return the following Saturday, January 31st to pick up and deliver donations to their local food banks and pantries, including St. Mary’s Food Bank Alliance.
Beverly Damore, President and CEO of the St. Mary’s Food Bank Alliance said, “With one in five Arizonans and one in four children in need of emergency food in Arizona, donations of non-perishable food are more important than ever. The increases in food demand will deplete St. Mary’s resources quickly. We so appreciate the Boy Scouts helping those in through the Scouting for Food Drive and encourage everyone to donate in this very quick and convenient way.”
St. Mary’s Food Bank Scouting for Food Drop-off locations:
St. Mary’s Food Bank Alliance
Del E. Webb Center | Main Warehouse Location
2831 N. 31st Ave.
Phoenix, AZ 85009
Phone: (602) 242-FOOD (3663)
Fax: (480) 393-4511
10a – 2pm
St. Mary’s Food Bank Alliance
13050 W. Elm St.
Surprise, AZ 85378
Phone: (602) 242-FOOD (3663)
Fax: (480) 275-3233
10a – 2pm
To find out more about the “2015 Scouting for Food Drive,” please go online today to www.grandcanyonbsa.org/food
Tis the season for jack-o-lanterns, haunted houses, costumes, and all things spooky. Help scare away hunger this October while enjoying the fun of Halloween.
- Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak is transforming into a scene of jack-o-lanterns, ghouls, goblins and ghosts, Halloween treats, and family fun for the 17th Annual Pumpkins at the Peak event on Friday, Oct. 24 from 5 to 7 p.m. To gain entry, attendees are asked to bring two cans of food or $5 per person to benefit St. Mary’s Food Bank.
- Bring the kids to the annual Halloween Monster Bash on Saturday, Oct. 25. Note there is a NEW location this year, at Centennial Plaza near the Peoria Public Library from 5 to 9 p.m. Enjoy a Parade of Costumes Contest, Trick or Treating, Inflatable Activities, Carnival Games, Make-n-Take Crafts, Puppet Shows, Fright Zone and more! Admission is free with a canned food to help St. Mary’s. For more info visit http://1.usa.gov/GBksBZ
- On Saturday, Oct. 25, Downtown Phoenix will be overrun by the living dead and other creatures of the night during Zombie Walk 6, one of the largest zombie walks in the United States. Join a zombie horde of over 10,000 at Heritage and Science Park for an all-day festival at 2 p.m. and the mass shuffle at 5:30 p.m. throughout the streets of downtown. Don’t know how to become a zombie? No problem! There will be makeup artists on hand to make you beautiful. The first 400 makeovers are free with a non-perishable food item or a cash donation to benefit St. Mary’s Food Bank. https://www.facebook.com/DowntownPhoenixZombieWalk
- Catch some air at AZ Air Time’s Halloween Party on Oct. 25, 4-8 p.m. Get $2 off admission with a canned food donation for St. Mary’s! Enjoy free face painting, a costume contest and games for all ages! Check out the poster here.
- Looking for a fun and safe Halloween event? Donate a few cans of food for St. Mary’s Food Bank Alliance in exchange for a night of spooktacular fun at the 3rd Annual Treat Street event at Adora Trails on Wednesday Oct. 29, 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. More info here: http://bit.ly/1cyZLBN
- Trick-or-Donate: Turn your trick-or-treating into an opportunity to give back. Ask your neighbors to donate non-perishable food items or funds for the food bank. Cans can get heavy though so bring a wagon or extra man/woman-power! Call 602-343-3173 to register your trick-or-donating.
- It’s time to get your scare on! Bring canned food to either the 13th Floor Haunted House or Fear Farm. Check out http://13thflooraz.com/ or http://www.fearfarm.com for more information and look for our food drive boxes!
Donation of 3 non-perishable food items to St. Mary’s Food Bank Alliance earns a free fair admission from noon—6 p.m. on “We Care Wednesday.’ All Rides just $2, Darius Rucker concert admission included until 6 p.m.
The Arizona State Fair will partner with St. Mary’s Food Bank Alliance for the fourth consecutive year as an appreciative recipient of their special “We Care Wednesdays” promotion to benefit non-profits in Arizona while offering special admission prices for fairgoers.
Here’s the deal: Anyone who brings a donation of three non-perishable food items (per person) to the fair on Wednesday, Oct. 15 receives FREE ADMISSION into the fair from noon to 6 p.m. The offer is good for an unlimited amount of people, but each person will need three items to receive the discount.
And the deals don’t stop there! All day Wednesday, all rides and games at the fair are discounted at just $2 each. And your free admission to the fair – provided you present your can donation PRIOR TO 6 p.m. – will also score at chance at free general admission seats to that night’s Darius Rucker concert (while seats last) at Veterans Memorial Coliseum (gates open at 6 p.m., concert begins at 7 p.m.)
Just look for the St. Mary’s Food Bank Alliance volunteers stationed at each of the four main entrances to the fair and exchange your donation for a voucher that can be used at the ticket trailer. Over the last three years, St. Mary’s has collected more than 80,000 pounds of food that are placed immediately into emergency food boxes to help Arizonans in need.
So come on out on Oct. 15 and help yourself to a great deal while helping to feed Arizona’s hungry. St. Mary’s thanks the Arizona State Fair for this opportunity and encourages everyone to have fun at the fair!
All five Cousins Subs restaurants in the Valley are giving their customers a chance to support St. Mary’s Food Bank Alliance and earn a delicious deal in support of Hunger Action Month during a special two-week long food drive from Sept. 7-20.
Just bring three non-perishable (canned) food items to any Cousins Subs location to benefit the World’s First Food Bank and you will receive a free 7 ½ inch sub (your choice) when you purchase a large drink and a side. It’s a great deal on a full lunch and allows you to fight hunger for others at the same time.
St. Mary’s is critically low on non-perishable and will use the donations to fill some of the 40,000 emergency food boxes it distributes each month to the hungry of our state. Here are the five participating Cousins Subs locations:
- Tempe – 3118 South. Mill Avenue
- Mesa – 1823 S. Greenfield Road
- Phoenix – 4801 E. Washington Street
- Scottsdale – 10240 N. 90th Street
- Chandler – 2100 W. Chandler Boulevard
One in five Arizonans and one in four children do not have enough food on a regular basis and Cousins Subs is offering everyone a chance to make a difference and enjoy a great deal in the process.