Pay off library fines with food donations and help St. Mary’s Food Bank Alliance during the 2017 “Food for Fines” grace period April 8-23 at all 17 Phoenix public libraries.
Phoenix – National Library Week 2017 is April 9th – April 15th and Phoenix Public Library is celebrating by once again helping you get out of debt – at least when it comes to overdue books.
Yes, it’s the time of year you’ve been waiting for! Come into any of Phoenix Public Library’s 17 locations from April 8—23 and take advantage of the annual “Food for Fines program.
During the “Food for Fines” grace period, you receive a 50-cent credit per canned or non-perishable food toward your library fines. The maximum total of fines that can be paid with donated food is $75, and can also be applied to lost items.
The program has collected more than 30,000 pounds of food for Arizona’s hungry last year and as much as 50,000 pounds in past years – so we know you’ve been waiting for this chance to come correct with your favorite librarian! The 13 library branches taking part in the “Food for Fines” program that benefit St. Mary’s Food Bank Alliance include:
- Burton Barr Main Branch – 1221 North Central Avenue, Phoenix
- Agave – 23550 North 36th Avenue, Phoenix
- Century – 1750 East Highland Avenue, Phoenix
- Cesar Chavez – 3635 West Baseline Road, Laveen
- Cholla – 10050 Metro Parkway East, Phoenix
- Desert Sage – 7602 West Encanto Boulevard, Phoenix
- Harmon – 1325 South 5th Avenue, Phoenix
- Ironwood – 4333 East Chandler Boulevard, Phoenix, AZ
- Ocotillo – 102 West Southern Avenue, Phoenix AZ
- Palo Verde – 4402 North 51st Avenue, Phoenix, AZ
- Saguaro – 2808 North 46th Street, Phoenix, AZ
- South Mountain – 7050 S. 24th Street, Phoenix, AZ
- Yucca – 5648 North 15th Avenue, Phoenix, AZ
For more information on “Food for Fines” or for a listing of Phoenix Public Library hours, log on to www.phoenixpubliclibrary.org.