Extra, extra! Read all about it! The autumn edition of the Horn of Plenty, the quarterly newsletter for St. Mary’s Food Bank Alliance, is out! Here is a peek at some of the stories in the newsletter:
- St. Mary’s distributes emergency food to workers hurt by government shutdown
- During the shutdown, St. Mary’s assisted furloughed workers in the Grand Canyon National Park by providing emergency food and fresh produce.
- Holiday season difficult for food insecure families
- A look at one food insecure family and how you can help make families like these have a happy holiday season.
- Hunger Action Month
- Dozens of organizations united to take on hunger during September’s Hunger Action Month.
- Food bank volunteer serves others at 100th birthday party
- One of our amazing volunteers, Art Molay, turned 100 this year and still volunteers with us each week!
Click here to read the full Autumn 2013 edition of the Horn of Plenty.
If you’d like to be added to the list to receive the online edition, email firstname.lastname@example.org.